Trike Asylum reader Don Lobelle has requested stories any of us might relate about mechanical difficulties experienced while out on the road. So, I am putting up this quick post to see if any of you trike pilots and nomads out there have a good story to tell about something that went wrong with your triangular steed and how you applied appropriate countermeasures to get on your way again. Okay, since comments are now working again, hop in and share your tales of roadside woe with all of us! Thanks!!
You are visitor
- 1,254,323 - Journey Far
Search Trike Asylum:
Sound off about Fatrikes:
Oregon Coast Tour Guide
Trike Tour Handbook
Trike Hobo Adventures
Scott & Jodi’s Trike Tour
ICE Full Fat
HP Velotechnik Scorpion
Sun EX-3 SX
Freedom HPV Sirrocco
Bigfoot Hobo Triker Steve
Steve’s Mojave Desert Trek
Steve’s Pacific Coast Trek
Steve’s Sierra Nevada Trek
Steve’s Death Valley Trek
Janet’s Adventure Tales
Terry’s Pacific Coast Tour
Bill’s Pacific Coast Tour
Bryan Ball & Recumbents
Scott’s Cycling Adventures
- trike hobo on The Great Canadian Goose (a triker’s story)
- Kimball Rasmussen on The Great Canadian Goose (a triker’s story)
- Alonzo Savage on Gaadi inner tube experience …
- Gary Jackson on Gaadi inner tube experience …
- armadillozack on Gaadi inner tube experience …
- Steve Newbauer on Gaadi inner tube experience …
- Rodger D. Reddish on The Great Canadian Goose (a triker’s story)
All About Tricycles
Steve’s Rural Cop Days
Dan’s Simple Living
William’s Longevity Guide
Mark’s Flute Music CD
Pannier Volume Conversion:One liter equals 61 cubic inches. Doing the math, if a pair of cargo bags is 60 liters, such as the Arkel RT-60 recumbent panniers, this converts to 3,660 cubic inches (60x61). Pannier manufacturers are known to express size both ways, which can be frustrating to a potential customer attempting to compare two different companies. Visualizing cubic inches may be challenging, thus converting to liters may help the mind's analytical eye.
Steve’s Amazon Page
Respect Life / Share Peace
Badwater or Bust Blog
Recent Trike Posts:
- Kam Wah Chung and Eagle Cap Wilderness
- Gaadi inner tube experience …
- The Great Canadian Goose (a triker’s story)
- Skunks and cyclist …
- Fatrikes always draw a crowd of the curious
- World’s most cycling-friendly place? Wow!
- Gran Turisimo Recumbent Trike
- ICE Full Fat on a fun little course … yee haa!
- Need a trailer for trike camping? Check out this:
- Liegerad Frau and her HP Scorpion
- Good-bye inner tube … Hello solid!
- Matt Galat, trike warrior, on Mount Everest
- Side-by-side tandem recumbent tadpole couch trike!
- Loaded for the long-haul trike tour …
- Mobo Triton Pro: cruise in style!