Trike Asylum reader Don Lobelle has requested stories any of us might relate about mechanical difficulties experienced while out on the road. So, I am putting up this quick post to see if any of you trike pilots and nomads out there have a good story to tell about something that went wrong with your triangular steed and how you applied appropriate countermeasures to get on your way again. Okay, since comments are now working again, hop in and share your tales of roadside woe with all of us! Thanks!!
You are visitor
- 1,338,648 - Journey Far
Search Trike Asylum:
Trike Touring Handbook
Trike Hobo Adventures
Coastal Touring Guide
Learn about Fat Tire Trikes:
Scott & Jodi’s Trike Tour
Scott’s Cycling Adventures
Bryan Ball & Recumbents
Janet’s Adventure Tales
Terry’s Pacific Coast Tour
Bill’s Pacific Coast Tour
Do you need a neckrest?
ICE Full Fat
HP Velotechnik Scorpion
Sun EX-3 SX
Freedom HPV Sirrocco
Bigfoot Hobo Triker Steve
Steve’s Mojave Desert Trek
Steve’s Pacific Coast Trek
Steve’s Sierra Nevada Trek
Steve’s Death Valley Trek
- Rodger on Adam and his Alaskan Azub
- armadillozack on Adam and his Alaskan Azub
- Bob Clark on Ed Wade and his Azub pedal Arizona
- trike hobo on The German Pinion Drive for trikes (and bikes ;-)
- Frank Fortier on The German Pinion Drive for trikes (and bikes ;-)
- Rodger on The German Pinion Drive for trikes (and bikes ;-)
- Alonzo Savage on Ed Wade and his Azub pedal Arizona
All About Tricycles
Steve’s Rural Cop Days
Dan’s Simple Living
William’s Longevity Guide
Mark’s Flute Music CD
Pannier Volume Conversion:One liter equals 61 cubic inches. Doing the math, if a pair of cargo bags is 60 liters, such as the Arkel RT-60 recumbent panniers, this converts to 3,660 cubic inches (60x61). Pannier manufacturers are known to express size both ways, which can be frustrating to a potential customer attempting to compare two different companies. Visualizing cubic inches may be challenging, thus converting to liters may help the mind's analytical eye.
Steve’s Amazon Page
Respect Life / Share Peace
Badwater or Bust Blog
Recent Trike Posts:
- Dave Beedon shares his ICE trike … in photos, that is!
- Adam and his Alaskan Azub
- The German Pinion Drive for trikes (and bikes ;-)
- Ed Wade and his Azub pedal Arizona
- Having issues with rude drivers? Try one of these:
- How do you make yourself visible to motorists?
- The Overland Triker (Amazon reviews issue)
- Pros and cons of riding a recumbent trike
- The Overland Triker: updated, revised, expanded!
- Alternate routing, for a safer trike journey
- TadpoleRider public Facebook page
- Q. What are the most dangerous times on a trike? The safest?
- How do automobile drivers usually react to trike riders?
- Are tricycles dangerous in traffic?
- Ed Wade takes first ride on Azub Ti-Fly